Tuesday, April 3, 2012

little miss sunshine.

Dear Reader,
I'm in a particularly grand mood today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and an attractive Asian just walked past me in the library (a very rare occasion indeed). I feel as though I should share the sunshine in my heart and tell you some of the little things in life that just make me simply giddy with joy!

Boys in V-necks. Yum. (I could really end the list here...)
Finding leftovers in my fridge.
When people whistle at awkwardly loud volumes in public places. 
Waking up and realizing it's Saturday.
When windows paint rainbows on the wall.
"Be Calm" by Fun.
Jiggly cankles.
Diet Coke. Duh.
When "Space Jam" is on t.v. at my hotel.
Going to the first day of classes and seeing a gorgeous brown man in my class.
When people use words like "cusp" or "dilly-dallying".
"Marcel the Shell with Shoes on" (a must-see youtube series)
Googling 'cute penguin babies'.
Condescending Wonka tweets (ex. Oh, so you hate Kony? You should go defeat him with a status. That'll help.)
Making fun of overly-liberal hipsters ("I was a vegetarian BEFORE meat was even invented.")
New Lil' Wayne songs.
When Sunny D is on sale at Walmart (Yes, I shop at Walmart)
The plastic man-torso that lives in my apartment.
Bill Cosby.

 <<----------This sloth.









Sports bra Tuesdays. (religiously observed)
When the free song of the day on I-tunes doesn't totally sound like a garage band on pixie sticks.
When that super popular girl in your ward has a hideous picture in the ward directory.
Building blanket forts with Emily Landeen.
When the flirty white guy is working at Cafe Rio and I know I'm gonna get extra chicken on my salad.
Watching Hot Rod and eating very cherry jelly beans.
When my nephew Corgan tells me I'm his best friend.
When people get my Karate Kid II references.
Beating Ludwig Von Koopa in Super Mario World. (Saved the best for last, didn't I?)

Oh how the list could go on. Moral of the story: Be happy ya big dumb idiots! Life is good! There is no excuse for acting like Kristen Stewart on her menstrual cycle. Make a list of things that make you happy and go get yourself a Charleston Chew. (Bet you haven't had one in eons)

-Your ever-snickering Swampman

1 comment:

  1. I don't know who you are but I am a friend of Ashley's and I just wanted to thank you for this post. Not only did I totally laugh but it did make my day better. Thanks a million!!

    ReplyDelete