Monday, February 14, 2011

uh...love.


Dear Reader,
I think the Format sang it right: "I love love, I love being in love, I don't care what it does to me!" To me, love should be fun. Love should be silly. Love should make you giggle at the very thought of kissing that certain someone. Love should make even the bleakest of mornings seem like Christmas. Love should feel like putting on slippers after a day in stilettos. Love should be spontaneous. Love should be open-minded. And most of all, love should give you better confidence in loving yourself. But how much do I really know about love? Let's just say my knowledge on the matter is derived simply from observation and John Hughes movies.

Well Reader, today is the big day. And do I have a Valentine? No. But don't worry, I'm not one of those whiny single people that refers to it as "Single-awareness Day," and complains all day about how they will never find love, while devouring bag after bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos. Please, they have every day to be bitter about being alone in the world, February 14th shouldn't be any different. I personally love Valentine's day. I mean, minus those nasty chalk-tasting heart candies with cheesy lines on them, I think it's a very classy holiday.

I decided to make my day today extra special, so here's my scheme:
Last night I finely constructed 3 crafty Valentines (I'm talking bedazzling and all). Throughout the day I will leave them in various places for me to find. When I come upon them I will act completely surprised and tickled at the thought of someone (me) taking time out of their day (my day) to make me feel special (which I am). Some would view this as, well, pathetic to say the least. But I think Valentine's Day can also be a great reminder of how much we need to love and appreciate ourselves.

But let's just say I got to pick my dream boyfriend for Valentine's day...
I have it down to a tie.
Bachelor #1: Seth Cohen from "The O.C." (played by Adam Brody)
Um, could there be a more perfect man for me? Our day would consist of reading comic books together on the beach, eating cheeseburgers on the boardwalk, playing Street Fighter til 2 a.m., and ending the night with a classic upside down Spiderman kiss.



Bachelor #2: Duckie from "Pretty in Pink" (played by Jon Cryer)
Ultimate loyal and charming best friend. My day of romance with him would include listening to 80's records, dancing like fools in public places, and eating our weight in Chinese food. Not to mention our awkward, yet endearing, peck at my doorstep. Precious.

And you thought that Bella chick had a tough decision? Please.
Well Reader, I hope that you can find special joy in today. Whether it's making out with your significant other, or watching "West Side Story" all by your lonesome. Spoiler Alert- everyone's true love dies by the end of the movie. Til next time!
-The Swampman

No comments:

Post a Comment